Re: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re: Battlezone....almost there....

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 15:30:11 EDT

This works well on the early missiles, but not so good on the later ones. I
always used to back up myself.

There are a few tips on the internet, ranging from driving towards them, to
sitting on the spot. My favourite tactic is to guess where they are going to
land and firing a potshot at them..... I was particularly lucky with this
tactic when I got my highest score, as they were all landing in the right
place that night :-) On the later missiles I've had success hitting them
side on as they do their last turn, you can kind of get the feel of it. You
can often drive toward them while they are zigzagging and sometimes they
will miss you and then respawn...I only tend to play it about once every
week or two.

Saucers tend to tease you and get the tanks to line up directly behind you,
They are very sneaky !!

Supertanks used to worry me a lot, until I worked out that you need to get
them in front of you, then you drive past them at about 30 > 45 degrees. The
tank tries to turn round and follow you, so you then back up again, past the
tank, turn and shoot, before it gets a chance to turn back again.

Dont bother trying to hide behind the objects, unless you can get behind
them very easily... They are there to hinder you when you are trying to out
manouver the missiles and supertanks....

Thats my tips for the day, but if anyone else has any better ones, I'm all
ears.... especially the guys who got the scores on Twin Galaxies, lol... are
those scores for real ?

Cheers, Colin