Re: Re: more 6100 issues

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 21:15:47 EDT

Went over the whole board..actually both of them and
same issue..it was doing the brightness flicker a
little more it seemed.

So I threw in a different deflection board I had and
it cleared it up. So it has to be on the board. All
the transistors seemed to check out fine. I think the
only things I changed on that board were the 2 4700uf
caps and I believe one other.
One thing I did do wrong was solder in one of the
4700's backwards. One of them has the positive on the
negative pad (where the otehr is neg-plane)..I put it
neg-neg matching the other and it went extremely hot
(didn't blow)..chattered for a few seconds before spot
killer went on. I guess I could check the one that
'was' soldered in correctly...that something didn't
happen to it because of that...could that have caused
a failure in something else?

But reguardless, I went to turn on the game for a
second time to check something and it now does not
come up...guess the bright/dim might have been a dying
flyback as there is nothing anymore...no voltage on
the anode. This HV board has a led on it and it is lit
so I assume that means the board is getting power.

--- peter jones <highwayman2000@mail.ru> wrote:

> the intermittent colapse is a givaway,
>
> check the transistor sockets and the connections to
> the board.
> infact check all the soldering.
>
> as for the variable brightness, it could be a bad
> pot, or a bad connection to a pot or a bad earth in
> the right place.
> maybe even a poor connection at the tube-base.

> http://www.vectorlist.org
> ** Please direct other questions, comments, or
> problems to chris@westnet.com

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.