new repair log and TECH: Tempest Deflection question

From: Doug Hill <doug_at_grouplogic.com>
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 10:35:55 EDT

Hi gang. Over the last year or so I've learned a lot from reading other peoples repair journals and logs so I thought I'd try and contribute as well by posting my own experiences. For the moment I've only documented my attempts to repair two Tempests but as time and kids allow I'll be writing more. Hopefully it'll help someone out. The link is:

http://web.mac.com/doughill303/iweb/BaggadonutsArcade/Intro.html

On a related note: I seem to have a killer deflection board that likes to fry the HV unit it's attached to. I've posted about this before but I now have some new data in that I've managed to figure out /what/ it likes to fry in the HV unit. Thankfully it's Q901, Q902, or Q903 and not the transformer. Does that give anyone out there a clue as to what may be wrong with this "killer" deflection board? It has an LV2000 upgrade on it and I've done the Zanen 206 cap-kit also including the upgraded parts per the 6100 FAQ. I've checked the polarity of all the caps but don't see an issue there. Any insights would be greatly appreciated :-)

-doug