6100 HV issues

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 12:16:57 EDT

Have 2 6100's I'm working on.

One of the HV cage works and I tried it in both
moniotrs because of issue below on second monitor, but
in both monitors I can only get 16.5Kv at max pot
dial. All have been rebuilt with kits and new pot in
HV. Where should I look to get this up to the 19.5 it
should be at?

Second monitor I just purchased and had pics of it
working with claim of 'needs a cap kit' and it does
work with the HV board from other monitor (although
only 16.5Kv). I don't know what the issue was to give
seller that idea but it must have been doing
'something' for him to make that statement. But upon
opening up cage, R903 was fried to a crisp, R905 was
browned, and the poly C904 cap was browned.

Anyways, put in cap kit, and replaced C904 and R903.
R905 metered ok. When unit was turned on, R928 glows
like a lightbulb. I quickly turned it off, checked
everything out again and powered back up. R928 glowed
bright white, and then went down to normal. I turned
off again and metered and it seems fine. When I turn
it on now it does not glow.
The screen however only shows extremely faint, blurry
whisps of color. There is almost no HV at anode. Do
these items point to some other failure? This monitor
works if I just swap in the other HV board so it has
to be in the HV unit exclusively I believe.