Re: Re: Starting a ZVG project...

From: <ldaubin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 12:58:28 EDT

> It's been some time since I've had the time or inclination to pull out
> the ZVG I bought
> some years back and play with it again - main disincentive being the need to
> program in DOS. Are there any winxp - or preferably unix - drivers for it yet?

Are you actually trying to PROGRAM for it? If so, I applaud your enthusiasm, but if you're just trying to build a Vector MAME like I did, DOS is ideal. I've got a system that turns on and gets me a menu withn 10 seconds, plays absolutely great, and can be turned off freely - not a good idea with a complex, multithreaded, memory managed OS.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the entire system runs off an old 32MB Compact Flash card I had lying around, slotted into an IDE adaptor. Most of the 32MB is devoted to samples for Cinematronics games...

-Lewis