Re: Convergence Guru's Tips Needed

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed Jul 25 2007 - 10:50:51 EDT

Brent,

If your board does not give you any test patterns then you want to
borrow/rent/buy a vector style convergence generator. You need to be
able to turn off each gun, and have a pattern that is repeated across
the screen to be able to align these tubes best.

You can do it by 'hand' if your board gives you a static test pattern
- like Tempest's test screens. Then you can make an in-series switch
interface to disconnect each gun so you can check the alignment of
each pair of guns.

John :-#)#
Perhaps there is a collector here with a WICO XY convergence
generator that rents/lends?