amplifone rainbows and wash

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 09:50:25 EDT

In my Star Wars I have a rebuilt amp. It hardly has
'any' burn on it at all. New kit and transformer.

On Star Wars, when the green lettering is coming up
the screen, the black seems to lighten almost like the
light from the face of the tube is bouncing inside the
tube and lightening the black level slightly. It is
very noticeable to me. Other times in gameplay I can
see this as well but since I am playing I don't notice
it as much.
Also,
I just installed an ESB kit in the machine. The most
noticeable time I have an issue and can see it is when
you take your last fireball and the game is over and
the screen is flashing from the hit for the second or
so before you go to enter your initials. The black
area again is washed out (far more than SW) lighter
but you can also see rainbow colors in the black quite
noticeably..again like the vectors are soo bright that
light is bouncing inside the tube and creating a
washed out background, but now also an odd rainbow
halo effect in a large circle.

Does this point to an issue with the tube or is it
normal? I have no bright dot in center and adjusted
this just like any other color vector...brightness to
dot, back off, then up contrast to nice level while
still maintaining a good focus.