TECH: Star Wars PCB Troubleshooting assistance

From: <jobrien_at_theobrienhouse.com>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 14:01:36 EDT

I have a Star Wars upright with Divider Errors. Here is
what I am getting:

OPT SW NUM DIV DEN IS ERROR
NNNN FFFF 4000 4000 4000 FFFF
NNNN FFFN 5555 4000 5555 0000
NNNN FFNF 2AAA 4000 2AAA 0000
NNNN FFNN 2AAA 2AAA 4000 FFFF
NNNN FNFF 5555 5555 4000 C003

I have a logic probe and I know I can set the DIP’s to run
5 continuous tests on specific IC’s but I can’t figure
out if the IC’s are supposed to have a High, Low, or Pulse
reading during those tests. I have seen a few posts here
and there that this information can be found in the
schematics but I can’t seem to figure it out. I would
consider my schematics reading ability a “novice”.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jono