Re: OT: Atari Correspondance for the archive

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 13:12:54 EDT

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> And, for the record, I did NOT drop it.

Anyone else see the webpage from several years ago where a guy tested
out what it actually took to break a 2600 Combat cart?

Google can't find it, but he started with frying the cart and gradually
upped the violence. The case got broken off but it still worked with
just the PCB and ROM. I think he boiled it, dropped it from a 2nd story
window, ran over it with a car, shocked it with a 9 volt battery, etc.
and it would still work. The microwave finally killed it, IIRC.

So I'm thinking Chris probably didn't cause it to fail.

Sean McLachlan