RE: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re: Battlezone - no vectors ingame

From: Luke Wells <lists_at_arcadeuk.com>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 21:22:02 EDT

Hi all,

Just to say thanks everyone for your suggestions, I did actually get
the board working in the end.

As time was running out, I had to use drastic measures. I desoldered a
handful of logic in the lower end of rows 3,4 and 5 and tested them in
an IC tester. All tested as good, however when I replaced with new,
the problem wen't away, so I assume some strange timing problem (even
though NAMCO have never been near a battlezone boardset as far as I am
aware lol)

I didn't have the time or the inclination to swap the old chips back
in to narrow down the exact fault, so that will remain a mystery. It's
working so I am not going to intentionally break it again :)

Thanks again

Luke