Help GO8 problems

From: <FZZAP_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 08:59:28 EDT

Trying to get a GO8 in a Star Trek up and running.

 The problem started with a Horz line only across the screen and the pins
needing reflowed. I did find one bad Deflection transistor. The first thing I
checked was were the deflection transistors shorted to the case. With the
deflection connectors unplugged there was no short but when I replugged the
transistor wire harness to the over current boards there was a short.

 I pulled each transistor and found the bad one and replaced. Checked for
shorts and there was none.

 Put it back together and fired it up. The front over current board went up
in smoke. (2 big resistors in the middle). I read the FAQ. I am looking for
some advice to where to go from here. I did inspect the over current boards prior
to turning on and did not see any problems.

Thank you all for any help

Frank