RE: Re: bzone problem

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 17:54:42 EDT

OK..finally had time to get to these and post the
updates for posterity.

Board with the missing playfield objects.
-Did turn out to be a trace issue. Was in the process
of putting on a new socket when I noticed it plain as
day... cut trace between ls161 and ls374.
Now works fine.

Board with auto-play on coin-up.
-Put new pokey socket on but same thing.
-Replaced pokey with one from other board and game
'almost' acts fine.
-Game now seems to play 'ok', but sounds are louder
and a little distorted (almost due to volume) and the
tank sound is off. The tank engine noise at full speed
sounds like higher rev's than at idle, but about half
the speed at which the rev's should sound.
-self test gives no errors.

One difference I noticed between these board is the
autoplay one has a potentiometer around the R10/R11
area while the others have resistors..