Re: Rebuilding a cabinet

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Sep 29 2007 - 11:27:23 EDT

I would just re-do the interior pieces and keep the
sides. I got a rough Tron for a pretty good deal. I
decided to go rough because even if it was an 8 I know
I would be getting the 500$ full meal deal from
Phoenix (which I did) anyways so I might as well start
out with the roughest cab I could get. For the sides I
have decided I will use arborite since they are gouged
fairly good. I will prime and paint the arborite so
vinyl will stick better although I did make a melamine
mame cab and the art sticks just fine.

The inside structural should be plywood as well to
begin with. I have a Discs of Tron I am rebuilding
that was dropped on its side in shipping and
everything came apart in it. I just cut new
shims..screwed and glued it all back and it is
fine..probably stronger than it was. Its all hidden
anyways.