Re: Sad day; WG K6100 with a broken neck - any hope?

From: Louis Srianomai <louisurfer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 12:36:09 EDT

Did the glass actually crack and the vacuum go out? If not, you may just be able to straighten the pins and apply some hot glue or epoxy to adhere the plastic back on. Be very gentle doing this... ----- Original Message ---- From: Doug Hill <doug_at_grouplogic.com> To: "<vectorlist_at_vectorlist.org>" <vectorlist_at_vectorlist.org> Cc: Doug Hill <doug_at_grouplogic.com> Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:28:50 AM Subject: VECTOR: Sad day; WG K6100 with a broken neck - any hope? Hi gang. It¢s a sad day here as I¢ve come across a K6100 with a broken neck and I¢m wondering if there¢s anything that can be done besides strip off the boards. See the pics at the link [ http://gallery.mac.com/doughill303#100037 ] but basically the break is not the glass but the seal between the glass and the white plastic connector. It looks like the neck board took a hit on the top and thereby applied too much pressure to the neck connector. I seem to recall seeing a company on the web that might be able to fix this but I¢ve long since lost the link. Is there any hope for this one? -=doug