Re: Tempest Analog Vector-Generator Question

From: Matt Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 02:35:29 EST

Ok,

I almost have it fixed. I think what happened is either a bad 15v voltage
regular really wreaked havoc on the AVG and took out a bunch of parts or
someone may have put in a wrong part (maybe a -15v regulator by accident).
That's the only theory I can come up with for so many bad IC's. I didn't
see any physical damage though.

I bridged pins 2 and 3 on both Analog switches (without pulling them out
first). I got the signal all the way to the final amps, and found those to
be bad too. I replaced those and finally got a picture on my scope. So
the two analog switches and the final two amps were all bad. The X and Y
Size pots also broke off so I had to replace those.

So, I guess I just need to wait a few days for the analog switches. Thanks
for the tip!

Matt