Re: Tempest Analog Vector-Generator Question

From: Pat Danis <patdanis_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 10:11:53 EST
Why did the pots break off?  From rough handling/storage or from breaking the glue and trying to adjust them?

Pat D.

Matt Rossiter wrote:
Ok,

I almost have it fixed.  I think what happened is either a bad 15v voltage
regular really wreaked havoc on the AVG and took out a bunch of parts or
someone may have put in a wrong part (maybe a -15v regulator by accident).
That's the only theory I can come up with for so many bad IC's.  I didn't
see any physical damage though.

I bridged pins 2 and 3 on both Analog switches (without pulling them out
first).  I got the signal all the way to the final amps, and found those to
be bad too.  I replaced those and finally got a picture on my scope.  So
the two analog switches and the final two amps were all bad.  The X and Y
Size pots also broke off so I had to replace those.

So, I guess I just need to wait a few days for the analog switches.  Thanks
for the tip!

Matt

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 21:51:32 -0500 (EST), "Christopher X. Candreva"