Re: Lunar Lander ROM & board strangeness

From: Matt Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 12:24:46 EST

 I haven't worked on a Lunar Lander boardset, but generally I first
look at the manual. Check out page 16

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/Lunar_Lander/Lunar_Lander_TM-136_1st_Printing.pdf
[1]

 The normal 2716 roms should work in place of the 8316 roms. And I
guess the older boardset uses a bunch of the smaller 82S137 bipolar
proms?

 Someone might have to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

 Does your 01 boardset have the wide rom sockets like the 02 does?

 Matt
 On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 21:22:05 -0600, "Joe Magiera" wrote: Messing
around with some Lunar Lander boards. I&rsquo;ve got one revision -01
board, and one revision -02 board. When I look at MAME, they have 2
ROMsets, both having 6 ROMs. Set 2 uses 3 of the same ROMs from set
1, and 3 changed ROMs. My revision -01 board has sockets for 6 ROMs.
My revision -02 board has sockets for only 5 ROMs. What gives? Also,
my revision -01 board is working, but there are only 4 ROMs populated.

Again, what gives? Lastly, from reading the archives, it sounds like
I can use 2716 (non-TI) EPROMs in place of the stock PROMs (or are
they masked ROMs, or what&rsquo;s the difference?). If anyone
disagrees that 2716&rsquo;s are okay, please describe why. So, anyone
have any ideas why an -02 board only has 5 ROM locations, and why my
-01 board is working with only 4 ROMs? At least the working with 4
ROMs might explain why the -02 board doesn&rsquo;t have 6 ROM
locations, it doesn&rsquo;t need them! Thanks, Joe

Links:
------
[1]
http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/Lunar_Lander/Lunar_Lander_TM-136_1st_Printing.pdf