Re: Omega Race - help!

From: Lewis D'Aubin <ldaubin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat Jan 26 2008 - 00:13:47 EST

OK, I've started replacing all electrolytic caps that I have matching
values for, and I guess I'll have to call Bob Roberts for the rest. The
X and Y deflection have settled down somewhat, and I'm not getting
random bad draws anymore.

But the display still seems a bit dotty - Literally - I peered closely
at the image and noticed that the deflection wasn't ripply at all; but
the intensity of the line is! It's like the beam is constantly
fluctuating in brightness, producing a granular appearance on what
should be a straight plot. It's especially apparent on dimmer lines.

Questions: where is the overall monitor brightness controlled? Is the
beam intensity dual level like a Cinematronics game or is it more complex?

Thanks!

                                                -Lewis