Re: Omega Race - help!

From: Lewis D'Aubin <ldaubin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun Jan 27 2008 - 00:08:19 EST

> Omega Race used a Digital Vector Generator, there's going to be stair stepping
> on any line that is not vertical or horizontal (depending upon other timing
> issues, you may see dots on horizontal and vertical lines as well). The sharper
> the focus, the more noticeable this will be. Dimmer lines are usually sharper in
> focus than brighter ones.

No, it's really not that... I mean perfectly straight horizontal and
vertical lines are dotty, as are diagonal ones. The dots are not
perfectly still either; it's like a moving field of static has been
perfectly superimposed upon all the dimmer intensity lines.

It's not noticable on bright lines.

> You can do with the arcades did, defocus it a bit and all the little dots will
> go away! ;-)

No way!!!

                                                        -Lewis

P.S.: IS there an overall intensity pot for this game?