Re: 6100 Deflection problem

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 16:46:51 EST

Hi Ron,

Sorry, I'm sick at home with no schematics to guide me...

I thought there were two fuses on the monitor mother board that are
close to the socket for the yoke (that's the wire/metal thing hanging on
the middle of the picture tube with four wires going to a plug on the
monitor motherboard.

I do not remember the plug # for the yoke, however the yoke only has a
single four wire plug on it to the monitor motherboard - that you can
unplug. DO NOT UNPLUG ANYTHING ELSE!!!

If you are not _/*certain*/_ what a 'yoke' is then don't unplug anything...

If you are new to using 'scopes, then just be sure to not put too high a
signal on the inputs - be sure to use the 10X setting on your probe
(helps protect things in your case - that's enough about that for now) -
and use the corresponding appropriate vertical setting.

If you have the schematic and you have set the game board in "Self-Test"
then you will be getting a pretty simple signal out to your monitor and
you can compare the signal of identical parts from one side to the other
of the 'stereo' XY amplifier. You see the signal on both sides/channels
should be pretty similar other than amplitude and some signal
differences (while in Self-Test only!). This is where a Dual-Trace
'scope is handy.

As you are new to using a scope I would recommend that you turn the game
OFF before moving the probes to a new location, only turning the game
power on when you are sure that you have not shorted the porbe across
two legs of a transistor for example. By leaving the game in Self-Test,
then each time you turn it on it will return to the same screen.

                 www.flippers.com