Re: Star Wars WG 6100 all colour in middle of screen problem.

From: David Johnston <dataspa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 22:12:46 EST

Thanks for the link!

OK, here's the update...
I took the monitor out of the machine. Opened up the HV Cage (the
whole HV unit was held on by ONE screw) Looked at the flyback.... TADA
the flyback is broken on the top and missing a piece! Yikes. Anyway I
am going to just give it the Bob Roberts deluxe kit and replace the
flyback with one of the updated replacements. So, that's the end of
problem 1.

So, I took my tempest monitor out and placed it in the Star Wars
machine. Powered up and there is a bit of writing on the screen in the
bottom left corner and a faint beep, beep, beep. I look in the back of
the machine and the spot killer LED is blinking and making the beep
sound. I shut it down right away. In test mode there is no screen
image but the board makes the 16 'up sweep' sound beeps to indicate
all the roms are fine.

Anyone know if the Star Wars board can send something nasty to the monitor?

Thanks again for your help... trying to get these vectors into shape!

David