Re: Star Wars WG 6100 all colour in middle of screen problem.

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 19:57:40 EST

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, David Johnston wrote:

> you power it up all the screen is dispplayed in a circle about 1.5" in
> diameter. I have rebuilt a 6100 in the past from a Bob Roberts deluxe
> kit but I'm not sure what thee issue is with this and was hoping
> someone could help. Someone told me it may be the 'yoke' but I no idea

I would start with teh 6100FAQ :
http://www.vectorlist.org/Documents/6100_faq.pdf

Crackling can mean many things. I wouldn't say over-voltage is the top
contender. Crackling for me has usually meant leaky insulation, usually at
whtere the anode (red wire) connects to the tube. Easy check is to turn off
the game in a dark room, and look for blue arora to the chasis.

A HV probe is a good ida in any case.