Re: Tempest - no blue

From: Tom Cloud <robot_tank_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 11:05:25 EDT

I don't get many opportunities to contribute, and this may be too simplistic of an approach but... I had the same problem with my Tempest when I first bought it, the only difference was it was red that was missing. One day I decided to track it down and started by wiggling the wires to the yoke one at a time. I discovered a cold solder joint on the red feed wire to the neck board.

  Resoldered the wire joints and I've had all colors since - about 8 years now.

  just my .02.
  Tom

andre <livnfree_can@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Self test fine meaning no errors.. blue is missing
there as well.. Ya I tracked down a guide that pointed
to Q2 and Q4 or the D-A network near H9 (for all good
that means unless just the dacs in that area)..
I'll check the resistors as well...
Thanks for the help!