Administrivia: problem address removed

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2008 - 10:20:27 EDT

Sorry folks. sales@htbsusa.com has been removed from Vectorlist, until he
gets his spam filter under control. I'm not sure how much got out to uses,
but I received 11 bounces from AOL alone before I shut him down.

General rule: Spam filters of this type are a really, bad idea. Messing up
mailing lists is only part of it. They are the equivalant of blowing your
leaves onto your neighbors lawn.

Most spam has a forged sender address, and very often forges the address of
a real person. We have had users who's address was forged into mail be
burried under thousands of these types of messages per hour. By using it,
you are taking part in a mass denial of service attack on innocent third
parties.

There are many, far better filter methods, such as the open-source Spam
Assassin.