Re: Tempest Restoration Blog

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 12:13:03 EDT

I think the easiest route is to make a couple of solid common/ground
connections - one on the logic board (bolt/solder a wire to the ground
plane, a similar one on the regulator, and lastly one on the monitor
chassis. These should be tied together with a separate wire - 18 gauge -
with the tie point being the power supply. So you will have two wires,
one from the power supply to the boards, and the second to the monitor.

This should help reduce or eliminate the risk of ground/common potential
voltage drift which burns out driver transistors...

(Of course installing the LV2000 kit on W.G XYs is HIGHLY recommended -
I do that on every Wells Gardner colour XY monitor that comes near our
shop!)

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com