g05-802 deflection

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 20:04:20 EDT

This monitor was working fine, then a bunch of resistors in the Y section fried after a 3906 died. I replaced all the burnt resistors, the 3906 and tested every other transistor and diode..all were fine. Put deflection back in and only got a thin line across the center horizontally.. threw in another deflection and it worked, so HV and frame transistors were good.. Well after pulling out my hair, went through every resistor and found the large 2ohm wirewound one in the Y was in the meg-ohms.. something must have happened to it.. so swapped out with another one, and it looked like the monitor was working when I fired up Omega Race..until the text wrote out to full screen.. I still have an issue.. When something is displayed over the whole screen, I have about the top 1/3 compressed into a horizontal line..but the rest is fine. It is more than half the screen as the center box in Omega Race is complete..another inch or two above that box is where it
 compresses... I've verified pretty well everything I can on that side of the deflection.. does this point to anything I can maybe re-check?

Also, when setting HV, what does zero beam current mean? Want to be sure it is set correctly as it seems low when running but not sure if that means no signal?