Re: omega race hig score save

From: Franklin Bowen <Franklin_at_Bowen.net>
Date: Sun Nov 02 2008 - 07:58:44 EST

At 06:26 PM 10/31/2008, andre wrote:
>If I go into bookkeeping and can see my highscore before the game is
>powered down, then the chip 'is' being written to correct?

Unfortunately the answer is possibly. Someone would have to dig
through the OR code to determine if the high score you are seeing is
actually from the 5101 or just the information in RAM. It would be
nice if this information was ONLY stored in the 5101 but the
realities of slow access time (compared to RAM), limited lifetime,
component failures, and other factors made the game developers keep a
copy of the 5101 information cached in the RAM.

HTH,
Franklin