Re: has any one run a ZVG under linux or started to try??

From: Lewis D'Aubin <ldaubin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri Nov 07 2008 - 00:05:37 EST

> has any one run a ZVG under linux or started to try??

I'm running mine under DOS 7 and it works absolutely marvelously.

My setup is in an Armor Attack. Button interface is via USB iPac.
Processor speed is 1.4Ghz, memory is 64MB, and it boots and runs from a
32MB flash card. Emulation is EXTREMELY faithful; I can switch back to
native Armor Attack (or Star Castle) via their original Cinematronics
boardsets for comparison, and there is NO detectable difference!

Here it is running Asteroids:

http://www.consortiumofgenius.com/arcade/armorattack.jpg

This thing was the toast of the Houston Arcade Expo last year. I'm now
working on new CP's for playing other vector games...

> im just get tired of dos sound card probs

I have ZERO problems with my setup. I'm using CT4810's (PCI
Soundblaster) for all my MAME projects (the card's built-in amp can be
run right to an arcade speaker.) Please email me offlist if you want a
ZIP file of my SB driver setup. It's solid.

> and the video card sliping out

??? What ???

Cheers,

                                                -Lewis