Re: has any one run a ZVG under linux or started to try??

From: Lewis D'Aubin <ldaubin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon Nov 10 2008 - 00:21:48 EST

Hey guys,

Now that I've returned from the WONDERFUL Houston Area Arcade Expo, I've
got some time to post a helpful file for you good people. This is a ZIP
of the drive from my ZVG Vector MAME (minus the game ROM files and sound
samples, for obvious reasons.)

http://www.consortiumofgenius.com/arcade/vectormame.zip

I'm not leaving this up for too long so grab it while you can. Also
bear in mind that the video settings from this drive image are pretty
peculiar to my setup, since I'm using it with a Cinematronics monitor -
a provision that Zonn graciously added to the software after I worked
out a clever electronics interface from the ZVG to the Cinematronics.
You are very likely NOT using this monitor and will probably have to
adjust some command line arguments accordingly!

The RELEVANT part of all this, the reason I am posting this, is the
sound interface. I use PCI Soundblaster CT-4810 sound cards ONLY, and I
guarantee this driver will work with that card, if the card works with
your mainboard (I have seen this sound card NOT work with one particular
motherboard.) This setup should also work with many other PCI
Soundblasters, but you'll have to experiment to find out which ones. ;^}

Good luck and feel free to write me with any questions.

Cheers,

                         -Lewis