Re: G08 input voltages

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 18:58:08 EST

I agree. The linear fashion in which the transistors drop voltage is bound
to produce a significant increase in power dissipation. Not only that, but
isn't the Vce max voltage of the transistors 120V ? I can imagine that
rating being exceeded by a significant margin whenever the monitor takes a
swing all the way to any one side. That would likely cause an immediate
catastrophic and permanent failure of the transistor. I would assume
further damage could result to other components when the short circuit
occurs.

William Boucher