Re: G08 input voltages

From: <kstillinger_at_sc.rr.com>
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 17:25:29 EST

There is NO WAY that a G08 will be able to handle 120VAC where it is expecting 90VAC.

The +/- 63VDC rails are generated by the most elementary diode rectifier bridge and capacitor combination there is.
  You would be directly scaling up the collector voltages on the yoke output transistors by 33 percent. Seeing that a common alteration to the operation is to DROP the input voltage for cooler operation, I would expect a heat based failure in short order.

  Kerry