War Of The Worlds in Boxing Bugs (and vice versa)?

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 11:35:33 EST

Anyone have any thoughts on plugging a Boxing Bugs PCB (without the color converter board) into a standard Cinematronics monitor harness?

How about plugging a War Of The Worlds (with color ROMs) into a Boxing Bugs harness with the color converter board?

A friend of mine did try something close to this.  He replaced the EPROMS in a tested working Cine board (not sure which, I think Star Castle) with Boxing Bugs EPROMS and then plugged it into a Boxing Bugs harness with a known good color converter board.  Not good results, took out the main board.  I don't recall, but it might have taken out the color converter board too.

I know that someone reverse engineered the Cinematronics color converter board, perhaps they can speak up (hint: David Fish).

Thanks,

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net