Repair pointer (cinematronics, Ripoff)

From: Paul Linton <paul_at_cs.uky.edu>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 13:13:00 EST

I have a Ripoff machine thats been broke for a long while (8 or 9 years).
I need to get on fixing it. Way back then I thought someone(s) had put
together some fairly detailed instructions for stepping through a repair
process. I'm pretty confident that something in the monitor went out, but
I wanted to see if I could debug the PS and the boardset first before
(probably) paying someone to fix the monitor.

Secondary - what is the best way to definitively ID the monitor/model? Did
all of these games use the (Keltron?) monitor, I probably have that name wrong.

Thirdly - I've seen a few repair blogs (well, at least one) where someone
rebuilt practically everything on the power supply. I'm not a purist when
it comes to power supplies - but I vaguely remember some oddball voltages
on these beasts. Is that true and if so that's going to prevent any sort
of conversion to a more modern PS, right?

Thanks - Paul