Re: B&W HV cages...regulation failing...

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 22:33:08 EST

Another thing that could cause HV diodes to heat is if frequency
(actually dV/dT) is too high. By that I mean:
    1) Oscillator frequency actually too high
    2) Resonating capacitor(s) too low in value or open.

Either way the diode doesn't get a chance to fully turn off as the
reverse voltage rises, it ends up pulling current and gets hot.