Re: B&W HV cages...regulation failing...

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 22:55:01 EST

Rodger Boots wrote:

> Another thing that could cause HV diodes to heat is if frequency
> (actually dV/dT) is too high. By that I mean:
> 1) Oscillator frequency actually too high
Interesting point - that makes sense, I shall put a frequency counter on
it and report back - or is that in the specs in the manual (which is @
the shop and I am at home right now). It will be good to have that test
added in any case.

The HV (not really a flyback is it?) transformer also heated up quite a
bit...
> 2) Resonating capacitor(s) too low in value or open.
That was the point raised about running the HV cage without a monitor
attached to act as a load - I was not aware of that as a problem.

I learn something every day!

Thanks,

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com