G05-801 Tech

From: utahtaper <utahtaper_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 22:50:20 EDT

I'm debugging an 801. Monitor has been capped and bottlecaps replaced. The monitor fully works however there is always a dot right in the middle of the screen(Like a spot killer dot) not a bright dot, but a dot none the less. The dot is even still there when the brightness and contrast are turned all the way down. Never ran across this one before. Anyone seen this before and have some suggestions?
The dot is also there when the game turns off and slowly disappears as the voltage in the tube drops. Or if I bleed it off myself with my probe.
Thanks in advance!
Jason