Battlezone Graphics Problem

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed May 06 2009 - 19:55:41 EDT

Hi Guys,

Working on a Battlezone board here... I've repaired the AVG ( Bad -ve
regulator, At least one Bad Dac, Analogue Switch and two opamps - one tlo82
caught fire and was spitting sparks out of the side).... A Vector ram died
too, half way through the repair... Picture is really nice and stable
now....

Roms and Rams in the 6502 memory map have been tested on the fluke
9010a.......

Its not drawing the Tanks or Objects... and the Main Display has some
issues... Some of the Text and Radar suddenly shrinks or toggles around in
different places (Its got the scaleing mixed up somehow).... Mathbox is
OK....

I'm thinking its only drawing part of the vector display list... maybe a bad
counter or a 74ls670 ram ? Mountains look bad sometimes too...

Any ideas please ?

Video uploaded to youtube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11x4MhQfao

An odd one this... But it always is with me !!

Regards, Colin