RE: R: Battlezone Graphics Problem

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_elektronforge.com>
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 10:54:52 EDT

Bob is correct that we do make replacment cables, however unless the OP's
problems are intermittant (sorry - didn't have time to read the previous
posts) I don't think replacing the cables and headers will solve the
problem.

In answer to the question, the board-to-board connector is highly reliable
in and of itself. The biggest issue is cracking of the solder joints due to
both process control issues when they were originally made, and high
stresses resulting from misalignment during disconnection of the MTA housing
from the header. As long as the pins are straight and the solder joints
aren't cracked, then the connectors are reliable. Our cables are really
meant as replacements when the original cables are visibly damaged,
corroded, or missing -- not because there is a reliability issue with the
originals. HTH...

Alex

----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com