Re: Armor Attack sounds and rom versions

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 23:54:41 EDT

Sorry, I should've said IC26, not 28. Since your [engine/squeak/morse]
group of sounds are all much louder than the [tank fire, jeep fire, hi
explosion, lo explosion, and chopper] group, I am wondering if the capacitor
C43 (0.33uF) is bad and is not passing the output signal from IC25 pin 6
through to R91 (8.2k). Also, if the value of R91 has gone way up, it would
reduce the gain of that entire group of sounds. If you turn down the
volume, does the engine sound okay at all levels? If yes, then maybe you
can barely hear the other group? If that is true, then the problem could be
either C43 or R91 or maybe one of the transconductance opamps (current amps)
at IC19/20/21/22 is leaky and pulling all of the sounds from that group
down. Anyways, I am getting the impression that there's a gain problem
between the two groups of sounds. It may also be possible that the cap C14
(0.4y uF) is shorted and shoving a big DC bias into the TL081 at IC26 pin 2.

I wish I had your board on my bench for a little while. Why don't you pop
it into your transporter and beam it over here?

William Boucher