Re: 'Star Trek' line lengths?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 12:22:51 EDT

Lewis D'Aubin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm working on my Sega Star Trek. After a bunch of fireproofing,
> better grounds, new deflection transistors etc., the game's working
> pretty beautifully now, except that the vector lines don't quite match
> up at the joins. They are offset by almost 1/8" sometimes - worse as
> they approach a 90 degree angle (like when a square is being drawn.)
> The issue appears to be line length in both X and Y direction.
>
> Is there an adjustment on the Sega boardset to converge the lines, or
> trim their lengths? I can't find a reference to this anywhere...
>
> Thanks!
> -Lewis

On Atari boards I'd be looking for the "Bip"adjustments on the logic
board D/A output section.

I can't recall if Sega used anything similar, but it probably wouldn't
hurt to check the voltages on the output driver supplies. The op-amps
normally have +/- supplies that should be within a few percent of each
other (5% ish).

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com