Re: Preventative maintenance time!

From: James Hagen <jamesjonhagen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 08:25:55 EDT

Clay, great tip... however- warning!! For those looking to do this
you will want to avoid some of todays CPU heat sink grease such as
Artic Silver. It's semi conductive! Using a meter, you may not
initially read a short from transistor to chassis... but it can be a
different story once the monitor is fired up. A collector had sent
me a 4900 for repair that had this stuff between the HOT and chassis,
took a bit to track this one down....

In terms of amperage/voltage a BU409 isn't an 'apples to oranges'
comparison with a HOT, but I still wouldn't want to try using that
stuff.

James Hagen