RE: Preventative maintenance time!

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Sep 15 2009 - 01:45:07 EDT

>I've been using these gray rubber like pads under my transistors
> for years. No fuss or mess, quick and easy. I don't know how
> efficient they are, but I've had good luck with them so far.

Maybe I had one of your old monitors, Todd. ;-) I had one with a couple of
the grey rubbery pads a long time back-- dunno how they worked since they
had an insufficient transistor cross mounted there which shorted out at some
point. I'm going to see if I can get some samples of the Bergquist and
Laird thermal transfer/electrical insulator materials. Maybe do a few test
runs and see what works best. Would be nice not to have to mess with that
heatsink grease...

-Clay