RE: Just a little show and tell

From: perfidious <perfidious_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 00:17:28 EDT

Are these for sale?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org
[mailto:owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org] On Behalf Of Clay Cowgill
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 10:00 PM
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Subject: VECTOR: Just a little show and tell

Way back when (probably about nine years ago as a matter of fact ;-) I
bought a bunch of bare LV2000 boards from Jeff and kitted the parts from
Mouser. I used a couple and then took the rest to Ground Kontrol and
let a couple of our trainee game repair people put them together for the
machines at GK. That was, in hindsight, not the best plan. Lots of
f'ed up LV2000's with lifted traces and various other damage. Whoops.

Since I've been slowly picking through my dead WG6100 chassis over the
summer (and now fall) it seemed like a good time to make my own LV2000
clone for GK that was as totally foolproof as possible (no wires to
solder or things to tune) and that could stand up to some abuse. I used
really thick traces and double-sided copper to make them a bit less
fragile (for our occasionally ham-fisted technicians) and the
connections to the deflection board are short, solid pins so there's no
way to wire them up to the wrong spots. The back of the board is
basically solid copper plane connected to the regulator tabs by some
vias to help sink heat away.

Anyway, they arrived last week and turned out kinda neat, so I thought
I'd share a pic of my variation on the original.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/--yIG3xhraInl24S8VCHDw?feat=directl
ink

(...and yes, I should have labeled the pins more like +/-26V, but I had
the target voltage for the output of the power transistors on my mind.
;-)

-Clay

10/06/09 06:50:00