Re: Just a little show and tell

From: Ed Henciak <ehenciak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 05:21:10 EDT

Oh, now you :-). I still owe you an email too. Your slave driving,
arcade co-owning cohort
is sucking all my time and dangling shiny metal objects that I bat
around like a dog :-).

Another thought while we are on various show & tell things ... has
anyone looked into making
a replacement audio reg II board? TI sells these little switching power
modules that should be
a heck of a lot more efficient and stable than their linear
counterparts. By module, I do not mean
an IC where you have to add all the magnetics, caps, etc ... it's a tiny
5 pin unit. In low quantities they
are not cheap ($8), but it might get interesting once you can order 100
or so.

Would there even be interest in this? Again, it'd just make the
supplies more efficient and a bit
more robust (and also not require tons of electrolytic caps).

Ed