RE: Cinematronics BPROM alternatives

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Oct 24 2009 - 20:07:03 EDT

> Just a suggestion, and I think it's been discussed before,
> but you might want to make a PCB that replaces a bank of
> PROMs on Star Wars PCBs.

Silly Ed. :-P Kinda like this?

http://www.embeddedengineeringllc.com/swesb/SW_deprom.jpg

You just run the ESB mathbox code on both games-- it's a superset of the SW
implementation, no need to switch anything...

> Also, although it would be a low
> volume product, having a replacement PCB for those PROMs in
> the I, Robot state machine would be very nice!

I think you FPGA guys should be reverse engineering that mask ASIC on
I,Robot... That failing is the one that keeps me awake at night. ;-)

> I hope to finish the CCPU someday, but some slave driver
> across the country keeps feature creeping some display chip I
> am working on ;-) :-P . That's my excuse for this year ...

And hey, answer my email from the 19th! ;-)

-Clay