RE: Major Havoc pincushion question

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Oct 26 2009 - 14:17:25 EDT

> Is this amount of pincushioning normal for this situation?
> (Major Havoc conversion pcb with Space Duel adapter pcb and WG K6100)

Doesn't look right to me-- that might even look worse than no correction at
all! ;-)

I would be suspicious of the correction board operation. Check for any
cracked resistors around the 1495's (from rough handling or something).
There's a couple resistors that essentially set the correction 'level' and a
problem there could lead to 'no correction' on the output signal. (I used a
potentiometer on my display corrector for that part of the transform, but
the original boards have a pair of fixed resistors.)

-Clay