Re: Tempest problem.

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 09:10:20 EST

Is /VMEM asserted when read/writing the vector ram 2000 -> 2FFF? pin5 B3 ?

H3 is your data buffer for all vector rom/ram, make sure its good (you may have already)

For an -02 pcb, W4 jumper should be installed, connecting C1 pin 14 to signal AM11 (K2 pin 4) this affects the reading of vector rom at 3000 -> 3FFF.

Half your problem might be that W4 jumper issue, but you say vector ram is also affected, check K2, L2, C3 and J5 (sheet 3 side A)

enjoy

Andrew Welburn
www.andys-arcade.com