Re: Asteroids graphics in one corner

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 01:33:09 EST

Dan Todd wrote:

> I've researched as much as I could on the Asteroids repair logs and
> such and never saw anything like this. Hopefully someone here could
>
> Save me some time.
>
> I have an asteroids board where all the graphics are showing up in the
> lower right portion of the screen. The graphics are not all perfect but
>
> everything is recognizable. Any idea where to start looking? I'm
> going to replace the 4016's I'm just waiting on sockets to come in.
>
> Just hoping someone may have run into this before.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

I'd check for cracked solder connections for the Molex pin connectors on
the monitor mother board before I went to replacing anything...two
breaks would cause this.

Are the graphics showing the entire game, or just the quadrant? If the
entire game (with some squishing) then I have no obvious clues.

If only the quadrant is showing then this is either a missing voltage on
the MPU or a failed voltage (1st cracked trace) and probably a
disconnected transistor (2nd cracked trace) on the monitor.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com