catbox usage

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 16:56:25 EST

So I'm still new at this and I'm hoping that someone can help me understand
what is going on.

I'm trying to troubleshoot a liberator board, and I've run into a snag.

I've thus far been able to run diags with a catbox to check the address
lines. Those check fine.

So I moved on to the Data lines and that's where I'm having problems. Both
in using the catbox, and the fluke.

Seems simple enough, remove the cpu, plug the 50 pin edge connector, tie %0
and %2 together, and ground the watchdog dis.
Tester self test = off
tester mode = r/w
bytes=1
pulse mode = unlatched
r/w mode = off
r/w = read

When I write AA to address 0000 I'm supposed to check the inputs on E2 which
is a ls245 so I check the input lines first according to manual.

I'm supposed to get the following pin 11 high, 12 low, 13 high, 14 low, 15
high, 16 low, 17 high, 18 low. What I have is 11 high, 12 high, 13 low, 14
high, 15 high, 16 high, 17 low, 18 low.

Now when I write 55 to address 0000 I get the same thing.
The other thing that happens is that the outputs are not reading high, or
low.

Now if I replace the CPU, and let it run, the outputs toggle as well as the
input. So I'm not sure what's going on..

Here's the schematic of E2 and the cpu.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_s5vOp-dzA9Y/Sw2kSWICiwI/AAAAAAAADlA/sSf1UtjxmsA/s512/cpu.jpg

So I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks,