Star Trek pic waving?

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 23:27:59 EST

Just wondering if any Sega Star Trek experts out there might know what is causing my GO8-003 monitor to show a very slow kind of a jittery wave. The wave travels from right to left and also bottom to top about once per 5 seconds. The vectors are all correct and are nice and bright. The wave is not an absence of lines but is a shaking of them. The shaking tends to be only within about a 1 inch wide swath at a time. Vectors in other areas are rock steady. For example, when the 3D area is showing a green station, the lines separate from each other by about 1/8" as the wave passes by. The game is totally playable and the sounds are good.

I just recently rebuilt the entire monitor, all new caps, diodes, transistors, many resistors, and all new headers and sockets and trifurcon wire terminals.
My parts list for the monitor is available here: http://www.biltronix.com/arcade_electcomp_01.html#GO8_parts

I have just today generated a Digikey order of components so that I can renovate the power supply. At present, it is not yet restored but all the outputs are bang on. I haven't checked the outputs for ripple yet (say due to bad caps).

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has seen this problem before and knows the root cause and would care to share their experience.

Thanks in advance...

William Boucher